The effects of fly-tipping both socially and environmentally are extremely damaging. Even organised crime gangs are posing as legitimate waste removal companies
As consumers, we have a duty of care to dispose of our waste correctly and responsible. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE only use a waste clearance company with a waste carrier license. By using some one found through the internet without these credentials leaves great exposure to all sorts of fines and the potential to be prosecuted.
It is so important to:
- Use a proper waste Licensed Waste Company only!
- Check their waste carriers licence number on the Environment Agency Website.
- Pay by card, via their website or by bank transfer.
- After the clearance, insist on a waste transfer note, this will have a description of your waste, EWC code, your details and their details. Be extra vigilant – ask for a copy of their waste transfer note showing the commercial waste station they used.
- Do not use anyone offering ‘cheap tip runs to the council’, a council permit is not a waste licence. “A man and an estate car!” – we often see this advertised and it is not legitimate.
Commercial waste disposal is not cheap and is paid for by weight at commercial waste transfer stations, often with extra disposal charges for fridges and mattresses.
Be cautious with people offering cheap services.
Remember – always use a licenced waste carrier and ask for a waste transfer note.
Ask your tradesman for the details of who they use for waste disposal and be cautious using cheap ‘man with a van’ on Facebook selling pages.
Best thing to do for lawful rubbish clearance is….. use Roupcycle!